MY SIGN UP POST
This is my sign up post for the 2021 European Reading Challenge. To sign up yourself, and I hope you do, go to the MAIN CHALLENGE PAGE, or click the challenge picture below.
I'm signing up for the "FIVE STAR (DELUXE ENTOURAGE)" level to read at least five books by different European authors or books set in different European countries. You do not have to pick your books ahead of time, but I did because I like to play with my books.
MY CHALLENGE BOOKS
- GERMANY: Three Men on the Bummel by Jerome K. Jerome, the sequel to Three Men in a Boat.
- UK: Old Filth by Jane Gardam, because I'm going to read the trilogy.
- HUNGARY: Orchids & Salami by Eva Gabor, my most random selection and perhabs the most random book on my TBR shelf.
- FRANCE: What French Women Know: About Love, Sex, and Other Matters of the Heart and Mind by Debra Ollivier, because I loved her Entre Nous book.
- SPAIN: A Place in the World by Amy Maroney, the final book in her fabulous Miramonde series.
THE 2021 EUROPEAN READING CHALLENGE
JANUARY 1, 2021 TO JANUARY 31, 2022
The European Reading Challenge has been around since 2012. The idea is to tour Europe in books by reading books written by authors from different European countries or set in different European countries. You pick the books, the countries, and how many books you want to read. You can complete the challenge by reading 1 to 5 books, depending on what level of participation you chose.
If you want to read more, you can compete for the Jet Setter Prize. The prize goes to the person who reads and reviews the greatest number of books from DIFFERENT countries. Only one book from each country counts towards the prize, so the greatest number of books that could be read is 50, because there are 50 official sovereign states in Europe:
Albania, Andorra, Armenia, Austria, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Belgium, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Georgia, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Latvia, Liechtenstein, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Moldova, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Republic of Macedonia, Romania, Russia, San Marino, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Ukraine, United Kingdom, and Vatican City.
PLEASE JOIN US ON THE GRAND TOUR IN BOOKS!