Please join me every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.
TWITTER: If you are on Twitter, please tweet a link to your post using the has tag #BookBeginnings. My Twitter handle is @GilionDumas.
MR. LINKY: Please leave a link to your post below. If you don't have a blog, but want to participate, please leave a comment with your Book Beginning.
MY BOOK BEGINNING & GIVEAWAY
I have THREE copies of my BB book to GIVE AWAY, thanks to intrepid book publicist Mary Bisbee-Beek. Sign here up to win an early copy. Details below.
People are really romantic about the beginning of things.
-- Even If I Am by Chasity Glass. Perfect opener for a Book Beginnings event!
This is an interesting book for me. I got a paper book because that is what I read. But the e-book version (on Apple's iPad and the Kindle Fire) is enhanced with pictures, audio interviews, music, and web links that, as the author explains, "permit a truer and more personal telling."
PUBLISHER'S DESCRIPTION: The true story of one woman's discovery of youthful innocence, blighted hope, and fleeting faith. Told through emails, blogs, and personal narratives, this honest and raw e-memoir will leave you desperately wanting more.
This is a "leap-frog" giveaway. This means that I have THREE copies to giveaway to Rose City Reader readers, and each winner will get to host another giveaway for an additional copy.
Winners will have the choice of a paper ARC or the enhanced e-book version.
The contest is for readers in the USA and Canada and is open until Friday, August 3, 2012. There are five ways to enter and each one is worth a chance to win. To enter, do any or all of the following, but you must leave a comment for each one:
1. Leave a comment on this post. You must include a way to contact you (email or website address in your comment or available in your profile). If I can't find a way to contact you I will draw another winner. (1 entry)
2. Blog about this giveaway. Posting the giveaway on your sidebar is also acceptable. Leave a separate comment with a link to your post. (1 entry)
3. Subscribe to my rss feed, follow me on blogger, or subscribe via email (or tell me if you already are a subscriber or follower). Leave a separate comment for this. (1 entry)
4. Tweet this post on Twitter. Leave me a separate comment with your twitter user name. (1 entry)
5. Post this on facebook, pin it on Pinterest, Stumble it, digg it, technorati fave it, or otherwise put it out there in the social network. Leave a separate comment with a link or explaination. (1 entry)
There are a lot of ways to enter (maximum of five entries), but you must LEAVE A SEPARATE COMMENT for each one or they will not count. I will use random.org to pick the winners from the comments.
This contest is open to entries from the U.S. and Canada only. The deadline for entry is 9:00 PM, Pacific Time, on Thursday, August 2, 2012. I will draw and post the winner's name in my Book Beginnings post for August 3, 2012.