It's the first Mailbox Monday of the year! Did anyone making Reading Resolutions for 2011? Do your mailboxes reflect them?
Please be sure to sign up for the giveaway, below.
Mailbox Monday is the gathering place for readers to share the books that came into their house last week. (Library books don’t count, but eBooks & audiobooks do). Warning: Mailbox Monday can lead to envy, toppling TBR piles and humongous wish lists!
Mailbox Monday was created by Marcia at The Printed Page, who graciously hosted it for a long, long time, before turning it into a touring meme (details here). I am very pleased to host this month.
Please leave the link to your Mailbox Monday post with Mr. Linky. If you do not have a blog, leave your mailbox list in a comment.
Thanks to book publicist extraordinaire, Mary Bisbee-Beek, I have THREE advanced reading copies of House Arrest by Ellen Meeropol to give away this week.
THE BOOK: House Arrest is set in Western Massachusetts and on an island in Penobscot Bay, Maine. The story is told from the alternating points of view of Emily, Pippa, Sam, and Gina. House Arrest explores the meaning of family loyalty when beliefs conflict, and questions the necessity of sometimes breaking rules to serve justice.
The author, Ellen Meeropol, is fascinated by characters on the fault lines of political upheaval. Previous work includes a dramatic script telling the story of the Rosenberg Fund for Children which has been produced in four U.S. cities, most recently in Boston. Elli is the wife of Robert Meeropol, youngest son of Ethel and Julius Rosenberg. This is her first novel. She is a former nurse and independent bookstore event coordinator.
RULES: The contest is open until Sunday, January 9, 2011. To enter, do any or all of the following, but you must leave a comment for each one:
1. Leave a comment on this post. You must include a way to contact you (email or website address in your comment or available in your profile). If I can't find a way to contact you I will draw another winner. (1 entry)
2. Blog about this giveaway. (Posting the giveaway on your sidebar is also acceptable.) Leave a separate comment with a link to your post. (1 entry)
3. Subscribe to my rss feed, follow me on blogger, or subscribe via email (or tell me if you already are a subscriber or follower). Leave a separate comment for this. (1 entry)
4. Tweet this post on Twitter. Leave me a separate comment with your twitter user name. (1 entry)
5. Stumble this blog, digg it, technorati fave it, or link it on facebook. Leave a separate comment. (1 entry)
There are a lot of ways to enter (maximum of five entries), but you must LEAVE A SEPARATE COMMENT for each one or they will not count. I will use random.org to pick the winners from the comments.
This contest is open to entries from the U.S. and Canada only. The deadline for entry is midnight in your time zone on Sunday, January 9, 2011. I will draw and post the winner's name in my Mailbox Monday post on January 10, 2011.
Started Early, Took My Dog by Kate Atkinson. This is the fourth book in her Jackson Brodie series, which is my favorite mystery series. Thanks, Hachette Books!
And a big Thank You to Overlook Books who hosted a pre-Christmas giveaway of my favorite P. G. Wodehouse "Collector Editions." I was very excited to win!
A Pelican at Blandings
A Prefect's Uncle
The Man Upstairs (Collector's Edition coming soon)
I am ready to start participating in the Wodehouse Challenge.