This is the second of my quarterly blog assessment posts. This one takes a look at my author lists over in the right-hand column. The first part addressed my lists. Part Three will deal with the challenges I joined this year.
NOTE: If you are systematically reading the books of any of these authors, please leave a comment here or on the post for the author's list (click on the title below or in the right-hand column) and leave a link to any related post. I will add the links on the author's list post.
I recently split my author list into two parts: General favorites and Mystery favorites. See here for discussion.
In 2011, I read 40 books by my favorite authors. For the list of all 116 books I read in 2011, go here.
- The Crime of the Century
- The Anti-Death League(reviewed here; a Burgess favorite; read for the Birth Year Reading Challenge.
- Evening Class (1996)
- Brazzaville Beach (reviewed here; read for my 2011 Battle of the Prizes, British Version, challenge);
- Nat Tate: An American Artist 1928-1960 (reviewed here)
- The Human Stain (reviewed here)
C. P. Snow
- George Passant (originally titled Strangers and Brothers) (reviewed here)
- Breathing Lessons (reviewed here; read for my 2011 Battle of the Prizes, American Version challenge)
- Beck: A Book (reviewed here)
P. G. Wodehouse
- Gone Tomorrow
- 61 Hours
- Worth Dying For (reviewed here)
P. D. James
- A Plague of Secrets (reviewed here);
- Treasure Hunt
Dorothy L. Sayers
- Clouds of Witness (reviewed here)
- Unnatural Death
- One Was a Soldier (2009) (reviewed here)