Monday, March 2, 2015
Thanks for joining me for Mailbox Monday! MM was created by Marcia, who graciously hosted it for a long, long time, before turning it into a touring event. Mailbox Monday has now returned to its permanent home where you can link to your MM post.
I got one book last week, but I got two copies: one for me and one for a GIVEAWAY (see below for details):
A Common Meal: A Devotional and Practical Guide to Rice & Beans Month, published by Lahash International.
A Common Meal is a guide and companion for Rice & Beans month, a project where families or whole communities eat simple meals during the month of March (or during Lent) and send the money they save to help hungry families in Est Africa. It is a program started in 2010 by Lahash International in partnership with local ministries in Africa.
The books offers daily devotions, inspiring stories, and simple recipes. It is a great way to teach kids lessons about material wealth, ease, and comfort, and real spiritual value.
The contest is for readers in the USA and is open until Sunday, March 8, 2015 at 9:00 PST.
There are five ways to enter and each one is worth a chance to win. The goal is to spread the word about Rice & Beans Month, as much as to tell others about the book and the giveaway.
To enter, do any or all of the following, but you must leave a comment for each one and you must put an email address in a comment:
1. Comment on this post. You must include an email address. If I can't find a way to contact you I will draw another winner. (1 entry)
2. Blog about Rice & Beans Month. Posting a picture link to the Rice & Beans Month website (www.eatriceandbeans.com) on your sidebar is also acceptable. Leave a separate comment with a link to your post. (1 entry)
3. Like my Rose City Reader Facebook page (www.facebook.com/RoseCityReader), or tell me if you already do. Leave a separate comment for this. (1 entry)
4. Tweet this post on Twitter, or a tweet with a link to the Rice & Beans Month website (www.eatriceandbeans.com). Leave me a separate comment with your twitter user name. (1 entry)
5. Post this on a social network. Put it on facebook, post it on Google+, pin it on Pinterest, Instagram it, Reddit, digg it, technorati fave it, or otherwise put it out there in the social network. Leave a separate comment with a link or explanation. (1 entry)
There are a lot of ways to enter (maximum of five entries), but you must LEAVE A SEPARATE COMMENT for each one or they will not count. I will use random.org to pick the winners from the comments.
This contest is open to entries from the USA only. The deadline for entry is 9:00 PM, Pacific Time, on Sunday, March 8. I will draw and post the winner's name in my Mailbox Monday post for March 9, 2015.