This is my last round of State of the Blog posts. I've used these quarterly blog assessment posts to keep track of the progress I've made on my various lists -- Prize Winners and Must Reads, Favorite Authors, and Challenges. They have been useful for me because they make me update my lists, but they are not particularly interesting posts.
This final set of State of the Blog posts will wrap up my 2012 reading. Then I will think of some other way to stay organized and keep my lists updated.
This second part looks at my Favorite Author lists. Part One, here, addressed my lists of Prize Winners and Must Reads. Part Three will deal with the challenges I joined in 2012.
I only listed a Favorite Author below if I read one of his or her books in 2012.
In 2012, I read the 25 books by my favorite authors.
- Mr. Sammler's Planet (National winner; reviewed here)
- Glittering Images (reviewed here)
- Home Truths (reviewed here)
- The Book & the Brotherhood by Iris Murdoch (reviewed here)
- A Time of Hope (reviewed here)
- A Month of Sundays by John Updike (reviewed here)
- The Pothunters (reviewed here)
- Ring for Jeeves
- Murder in Belleville (reviewed here)
- High Stakes (reviewed here)
- Blood Sport
- Driving Force
- The Edge
- The Unpleasantness at the Bellona Club (reviewed here)