THE TBR 23 IN '23 CHALLENGE
January 1, 2023 to December 31, 2023
THIS IS THE MAIN SIGN IN PAGE. TO SIGN UP, PLEASE LEAVE YOUR LINK BELOW.
TO POST A REVIEW, PLEASE GO TO THIS PAGE.
TO POST YOUR WRAP UP LIST OF BOOKS, GO TO THIS PAGE.
Welcome to the TBR 23 in '23 Challenge! Please join us in the goal to read 23 books from your TBR shelves in 2023.
In 2021, I launched a challenge aimed at reading books off our TBR shelves. The idea was to read 21 books in 2021. One book for each year of the century. I figure it is a challenge that will keep getting an eensy weensy bit harder each year as we add one book every year.
Which brings us to 2023 and 23 books. 23 books still seems like a manageable goal. Let's see what happens when we get to the year 2050!
- The challenge runs from January 1, 2023 to December 31, 2023. You can sign up any time before December 31, 2023.
- You do not have to pick all your books now, you can pick as you go. Or you can pick books now and change your mind later. Switch it up. This is supposed to be fun!
- Books read January through December 2023 count. If you started a book in December 2022 and finish it in January 2023, it can count as long as you read more than 50% of it in 2023.
- "TBR" counts as any book that was on your shelf prior to January 1, 2023. "Shelf" includes your ebook reader and audiobooks you own, but it doesn't include library books. This is a TBR challenge, so the goal is to read the books you own to make room for more books. There are plenty of other challenges for borrowed books.
- One caveat to the "no library books" rule is that you can borrow an audiobook or ebook version of a book you already own and are reading for this challenge if you want to read it in a different format for some reason. Sometimes I need to read a book with my ears to get through it, I get it!
- Crossover with other challenges counts. Rereads count. Any genre counts as long as it is a complete book. Anything published as a book between two covers counts as a book. For example, a single story doesn't count unless it is published as a stand-alone book, but a collection of short stories does count. If you read an omnibus that contains several "books" you can count each book separately if they were published separately in other editions.
- You do not have to have a blog to participate. You can participate on social media. Please link to your whatever kind of sign up post or initial post you put up on social media instead of your profile so we can find you. Please use the #TBR23in23 hashtag.
- You can also participate by leaving comments on this page to sign up and on the review and wrap up pages to report your progress.
- You do not have to review the books to complete the challenge. If you do review a book, please post a link to your review on the review page here. When you finish, please post a link you your wrap up post (or your updated challenge post) with a list of the books you read so we can see what they were. Post that link on the wrap up page here.
- If you have any questions, leave a comment, or email me at gilion (at) dumasandvaughn (dot) com or DM me on Instagram. Please find me on Instagram @gilioncdumas.
NOTE ABOUT INSTAGRAM
For all of you who participate through bookstagram -- thank you! Please tag me in your TBR 23 in '23 posts @gilioncdumas and I will share them in my stories.
For those of you who follow me there -- thank you even more! Please note that I had to start a new IG account back in May 2022 when my old one got hacked. Please find me on Instagram @gilioncdumas. My new, real account is my name with my middle initial C, I'm wearing a red shirt, and the posts are up to date.
If you still follow my old, hacked account on Instagram, it is called @giliondumas. It has no middle initial C, I'm wearing a blue sweater, and the posts are old. The account is now private, which is another clue. Please unfollow that account and block it because the hackers occasionally send out evil spam messages. My apologies if anyone got one of the evil messages!
THE SIGN UP
Please leave a link to your TBR 23 in '23 sign up post in the Linky box below. Please make sure it is the link to your introductory challenge post, not the home page of your blog or social media account. If you post or share on social media, please use the #TBR23in23 hashtag so we can find each others' posts.
If you need help figuring out how to find the link or use the Linky box, email me at gilion (at) dumasandvaughn (dot) com or DM me on Instagram @gilioncdumas.