Wow! Rose City Reader has been around for 10 years! That might make me the Gray Lady of book blogs.
To commemorate, here is the list of Rose City Reader's "Top 10" posts. These are the posts that, according to google stats, have gotten the most page views since I started this blog on March 20, 2008.
- College Board's Top 101: This list of "101 Great Books Recommended for College-Bound Readers" is far and away the most popular post on RCR because it was linked on a website that provides resources for young people applying for college.
- Teaser Tuesday - Plainsong: I have no idea why this teaser post featuring Kent Haruf's novel is the second most popular RCR post. I think this book may get assigned in high school English classes and so get googled a lot.
- List - Anthony Burgess: The list of Anthony Burgess' favorite 99 English-language novels published between 1939 and 1984.
- List - Pulitzer Prize/National Book Award Crossovers: Just what is sounds like, a short list of books that won both the Pulitzer Prize and the National Book Award. I should see if it needs updating since I posted this in 2009!
- Teaser Tuesday - A Simplified Map of the Real World: A teaser post about the title story in Steve Allred's Renata Stories, one of the first books published by Forest Avenue Press.
- Author Interview - Pat McCord Amacher: A recent interview with one of the authors of The Only Woman in the Room: The Norma Paulus Story, by Norma Paulus, Gail Wells, and Pat McCord Amacher, published by OSU Press.
- List - National Review's Top 100 Non-Fiction Books of the 20th Century: I think this one is popular because it is hard to find anywhere else.
- Book Beginnings & GIVAWAY - Even If I Am: One of the first Book Beginning events I hosted, and I had a book by Chasity Glass to give away.
- Author Interview - Sarah Mendivel: A very recent interview of Sarah Mendivel, who wrote Sam's Theory, a YA fantasy adventure with a practical twist. Sarah happens to be having a promo today and Sam's Theory is available as a free Kindle download until midnight tonight.
Now I think I'll go eat a cupcake and celebrate!