Two book came into my mailbox last week, in time for Mailbox Monday. Chick Loves Lit is the host this month.
The first book is one I had my eye on and am pleased as punch to get from the Oregon State University Press:
Discovering Main Street: Travel Adventures in Small Towns of the Northwest by Foster Church. I am lucky to live in the beautiful Pacific Northwest and I love exploring small towns. This would be the travel book I wrote myself if I had time and talent.
The second book is one that came to me unsolicited from the publisher:
The Opposite Field by Jesse Katz.
This memoir by a Pulitzer-prize winning journalist is generating some real buzz and great reviews. It is a father's story about his relationship with his son, centered around their baseball-playing times together.
It looks like it would be very, very good.
BUT I AM GIVING MY COPY AWAY TO A GOOD BLOG HOME. My hope is that it will go to someone who will enjoy it and REVIEW it. Not that I don't think it is a good book and would be worth reading, but my Guilt List is already long and, honestly, if it involves wheels or balls, I am just not interested.
The contest is open until Sunday, August 15, 2010. To enter, do any or all of the following, but you must leave a comment for each one:
1. Leave a comment on this post. You must include a way to contact you (email or website address in your comment or available in your profile). If I can't find a way to contact you I will draw another winner. (1 entry)
2. Blog about this giveaway. (Posting the giveaway on your sidebar is also acceptable.) Leave a separate comment with a link to your post. (1 entry)
3. Subscribe to my rss feed, follow me on blogger, or subscribe via email (or tell me if you already are a subscriber or follower). Leave a separate comment for this. (1 entry)
4. Tweet this post on Twitter. Leave me a separate comment with your twitter user name. (1 entry)
5. Stumble this blog, digg it, technorati fave it, or link it on facebook. Leave a separate comment. (1 entry)
There are a lot of ways to enter (maximum of five entries), but you must LEAVE A SEPARATE COMMENT for each one or they will not count. I will use random.org to pick the winners from the comments.
This contest is open to entries from the U.S. and Canada only, no PO Boxes. The deadline for entry is midnight in your time zone, next Sunday, August 15, 2010. I will draw and post the winner's name on Monday, August 16, 2010.