Thanks for joining me for the first Mailbox Monday of 2013! MM was created by Marcia, who graciously hosted it for a long, long time, before turning it into a touring event (details here).
Lori at Lori's Reading Corner is hosting in January. Please visit her fun blog for giveaways, reviews, and lots more.
I got one book last week, and it looks really great -- a historic, literary mystery that is the first of what could be a terrific new series. Thanks go to book publicist Mary Bisbee-Beek for my copy, and copies for a giveaway!
On the Rocks: A Willa Cather and Edith Lewis Mystery by Sue Hallgarth. Available on amazon or, better yet, ask your local bookstore to order it!
The year is 1929 and Pulitzer-Prize winning novelist Willa Cather and her partner Edith Lewis are summering on Grand Manan, an island in the Bay of Fundy. In their cottage's sparsely-furnished attic room, Cather is at work writing Shadows on the Rock, her tenth novel. Relaxing after a hectic winter of working at a New York City ad agency, J. Walter Thompson, Edith is painting watercolors from the cliffs two hundred feet above the rising tides of Whale Cove. Out of the corner of her eye, Edith sees a body plunge from the edge of a cliff to the rocks below...
Solving the mystery, first-time novelist Sue Hallgarth's intimate view of village politics and the goings-on of two women s communities long lost to history is also a suspenseful and surprising crime novel. Hallgarth draws the reader into a unique retreat, stimulating conversations about literature and art, and an inside glimpse of the lives of a great American novelist and her talented life partner.
This is a "leap-frog" giveaway. This means that I have three (3!) copies to giveaway to Rose City Reader readers, and each winner will get to host another giveaway for an additional copy.
The contest is for readers in the USA and Canada and is open until Monday, January 14, 2013. There are five ways to enter and each one is worth a chance to win. To enter, do any or all of the following, but you must leave a comment for each one:
1. Leave a comment on this post. You must include a way to contact you (email or website address in your comment or available in your profile). If I can't find a way to contact you I will draw another winner. (1 entry)
2. Blog about this giveaway. Posting the giveaway on your sidebar is also acceptable. Leave a separate comment with a link to your post. (1 entry)
3. Subscribe to my rss feed, follow me on blogger, or subscribe via email (or tell me if you already are a subscriber or follower). Leave a separate comment for this. (1 entry)
4. Tweet this post on Twitter. Leave me a separate comment with your twitter user name. (1 entry)
5. Post this on a social network. Put it on facebook, post it on Google+, pin it on Pinterest, Stumble it, digg it, technorati fave it, or otherwise put it out there in the social network. Leave a separate comment with a link or explaination. (1 entry)
There are a lot of ways to enter (maximum of five entries), but you must LEAVE A SEPARATE COMMENT for each one or they will not count. I will use random.org to pick the winners from the comments.
This contest is open to entries from the U.S. and Canada only. The deadline for entry is 9:00 PM, Pacific Time, on Monday, January 14, 2013. I will draw and post the winner's name in my Teaser Tuesday post for January 15, 2013.