Even though I cut way back on challenges in 2013, I can't resist the Vintage Mystery Challenge that Bev hosts on My Reader's Block. The idea is to read mysteries first published prior to 1960.
This year, Bev has a "Scattegories" theme requiring participants to read eight books, each from a different category. Click on the button or link above for all the details or to sign up.
These are on my TBR shelves now, so tempt me the most. Notes on which category they apply to are in parenthesis.
- The Talented Mr. Ripley by Patricia Highsmith (World Traveler)
- Jamaica Inn by Daphne Du Maurier (Jolly Old England)
- Old Mrs. Camelot by Emery Bonett (Staging the Crime)
- Too Much of Water by Bruce Hamilton (Murder on the High Seas)
- Ashenden: or The British Agent by Somerset Maugham (Leave it to the Professionals)
- Anatomy of a Murder by Robert Traver (The Old Bailey or Book to Movie)
- The Memoirs of Sherlock Holmes by Arthur Conan Doyle (Amateur Night)
- An Oxford Tragedy by J. C. Masterman (Murder is Academic)
- The Moonstone by Wilkie Collins (Country House Criminals)