Thanks for joining me for Mailbox Monday! MM was created by Marcia, who graciously hosted it for a long, long time, before turning it into a touring meme (details here).
Jennifer at Mrs. Q: Book Addict is hosting in July. Please stop by her fun and pretty blog to see what she has been reading.
I got one terrific book last week and have THREE advanced reader's copies to GIVE AWAY, thanks to intrepid book publicist Mary Bisbee-Beek. It looks like a novel that would really appeal! It is not available until later in August, so sign here up to win an early copy.
The Angel's Share by Rayme Waters, published by Winter Goose Publishing.
GIST: The story of a recovering meth addict who rebuilds her life working for a small Sonoma County winery. With elements of both a love story and a mystery, The Angels’ Share is a great read for book clubs.
— Diane Johnson, author of Le Divorce, says it "will completely absorb you.”
— Meg Waite Clayton, author of The Wednesday Sisters, calls it a "compassionate debut novel" and says, "Set in the quiet luxury of Nob Hill, the counterculture of Bolinas, and the evocative wine country of Sonoma, Angels' Share is as tasty as the 1919 Primitivo [the heroine] drinks on this journey of recovery.”
PUBLISHER'S DESCRIPTION: Born into a tumultuous world of neglectful bohemian parents and an overbearing grandmother, Cinnamon Monday lives through an imagination inspired by the nineteenth-century heroines she admires. As she grows older, and her make-believe worlds are not enough to protect her, she descends into drug addiction and eventual resignation. When this finally leads her to be physically beaten near the point of death, she is saved by a compassionate neighbor named Sam who gives Cinnamon the opportunity to reclaim her life. Now, working at Sam’s vineyard in the beautiful Dry Creek Valley, Cinnamon Monday attempts to put her life in order, find the will to overcome past demons, and utilize her strengths to live a positive, successful life on her own terms.
This is a "leap-frog" giveaway. This means that I have three (3!) ARCs to giveaway to Rose City Reader readers, and each winner will get to host another giveaway for an additional copy.
The contest is for readers in the USA and Canada and is open until Sunday, July 15, 2012. There are five ways to enter and each one is worth a chance to win. To enter, do any or all of the following, but you must leave a comment for each one:
1. Leave a comment on this post. You must include a way to contact you (email or website address in your comment or available in your profile). If I can't find a way to contact you I will draw another winner. (1 entry)
2. Blog about this giveaway. Posting the giveaway on your sidebar is also acceptable. Leave a separate comment with a link to your post. (1 entry)
3. Subscribe to my rss feed, follow me on blogger, or subscribe via email (or tell me if you already are a subscriber or follower). Leave a separate comment for this. (1 entry)
4. Tweet this post on Twitter. Leave me a separate comment with your twitter user name. (1 entry)
5. Post this on facebook, pin it on Pinterest, Stumble it, digg it, technorati fave it, or otherwise put it out there in the social network. Leave a separate comment with a link or explaination. (1 entry)
There are a lot of ways to enter (maximum of five entries), but you must LEAVE A SEPARATE COMMENT for each one or they will not count. I will use random.org to pick the winners from the comments.
This contest is open to entries from the U.S. and Canada only. The deadline for entry is 9:00 PM, Pacific Time, on Sunday, July 15, 2012. I will draw and post the winner's name in my Mailbox Monday post for July 16, 2012.