THE 2022 AUDIOBOOK CHALLENGECaffeinated Reviewer and That’s What I’m Talking About host a popular audiobook challenge every year, although 2022 will be only the second time I have participated. I am signing up at the Marathoner level to read 50 or more audiobooks in 2022.
I love reading with my ears! I download audiobooks from the library to my phone using the Libby app and listen all the time. In good weather, I like to walk to work, which gives me a good hour of audiobook reading in a day. I also listed when I drive, cook, fold laundry, and do other chores. In 2021, I read 131 books and 70 of them were audiobooks.
One thing I started doing was to combine my love of audiobooks with my desire to clear book books off my TBR shelves. I went through my TBR list, found which ones were available as audiobooks from the library, and put them on my Libby wishlist. It may seem odd to listen to the audiobook when I have the physical book already, but I have soooooooooo many book books on my shelves that it would take me years to get to all of them. If I can free up shelf space (and brain space) by reading a book with my ears and getting rid of the paper book, I'm happy.
MY 2022 AUDIOBOOKS
I don't know which books I will read yet for this challenge. But these audiobooks are on my phone or my hold list on Libby right now, so they are likely first candidates. I put them on hold because they are the books my Book Club picked for our 2022 reads, they are on my TBR shelf, I went down a Lian Moriarty rabbit hole, or whim.
- Katherine by Anya Seton (TBR shelf) FINISHED
- The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie (TBR shelf)
- The Bostonians by Henry James (TBR shelf) FINISHED
- The Falls by Ian Rankin (TBR shelf) FINISHED
- The Plot by Jean Hanff Korelitz FINISHED
- Murder at the Mill by M. B. Shaw FINISHED
- Broken Horses by Brandi Carlile (Book Club) DNF
- Little Big Man by Larry McMurtry (TBR shelf)
- A Glass of Blessings by Barbara Pym (TBR shelf) FINISHED
- The Last Anniversary by Liane Moriarty FINISHED
- In Order to Live by Yeonmi Park (Book Club) FINISHED
- Galileo's Daughter by Dava Sobel (TBR shelf)
- Lucky by Marissa Stapley (Book Club)
- A Line to Kill by Anthony Horowitz
- The Midnight Library by Matt Haig (Book Club)
- Taste: My Life Through Food by Stanley Tucci (Book Club)
- The Lincoln Highway by Amor Towles (Book Club)
- Apples Never Fall by Liane Moriarty
- Woke Racism by John McWhorter
- Three Wishes by Liane Moriarty
- Tender is the Night by F. Scott Fitzgerald (TBR shelf, reread)
OTHERS I ADDED
- Dangling Man by Saul Bellow FINISHED
- The Counterlife by Philip Roth FINISHED
- The Nest by Cynthia D'Aprix Sweeney FINISHED
- The Anatomy Lesson by Philip Roth FINISHED
Updated March 24. So far, In Order to Live is the standout nonfiction. What an amazing memoir! The Nest has been my favorite fiction book. I loved it!