The Back to the Classics Challenge is hosted by Karen at Books and Chocolate. Even though I am late to sign up so I won't qualify for a prize, I am going to try for nine books again this year. I met that goal in 2016.
1. A 19th Century Classic. Any book published between 1800 and 1899.
2. A 20th Century Classic. Any book published between 1900 and 1967. Just like last year, all books MUST have been published at least 50 years ago to qualify. The only exception is books written at least 50 years ago, but published later.
3. A classic by a woman author.
4. A classic in translation. Any book originally written published in a language other than your native language.
5. A classic originally published before 1800.
6. A romance classic. It can have a happy ending or a sad ending, as long as there is a strong romantic element to the plot.
7. A Gothic or horror classic.
8. A classic with a number in the title.
9. A classic about an animal or that includes the name of an animal in the title.
10. A classic set in a place you'd like to visit. It can be real or imaginary.
11. An award-winning classic.
12. A Russian classic.
Roseanna by Maj Sjöwall and Per Wahlöö (TRANSLATION)
Updated May 5, 2017.