Now the follow up part: I list 10 things about me and then pass the awards on.
10 (Bookish) Things About Me
1. According to my LibraryThing tags, there are 1142 books on my TBR shelves.
2. I have never read Anna Karenina, Don Quixote, or War and Peace, all to my shame. And, yes, they are all on my TBR shelves.
3. A Dance to the Music of Time by Anthony Powell is my favorite “book” even though it is really 12 separate novels.
4. Jim Harrison is my favorite living American author, with Philip Roth as a close second.
5. I have read all 121 books on the Modern Library’s list of Top 100 Novels of the 20th Century.
6. Although I resisted Twitter, I now admit it is a very fun book-related time suck.
7. David Lodge is my favorite living British author, with Ian McEwan as a close second.
8. I have on a couple of occasions – and usually by accident – read a mystery from a series out of order, but it makes me very uncomfortable.
9. I am currently working on 27 books lists of prize winners or other “must reads,” all listed over in the right column.
10. If I had to define my favorite genre, it would be Mid-Century novels by dipsomaniacal, male British authors.
My Choices for Award Winners
I chose a few of my favorite Pacific Northwest bloggers:
At Home With Books
The Book Pirate
The Life and Times of Michael5000
We Be Reading